Search

My Car Wants A Blog . . .

This morning I started the car and scraped the frost off the windshield.

I hopped in, and noticed the engine light was on.

I worried, and drove to work.

The light stayed on.

I took lunch to Helen, and again, the engine light stayed on, and I continued to worry.

After work, the engine light was still on, so I picked up The Boy and went to the friendly local auto parts store.

"Hi," I said. "I was hoping my car would tell you why it hates me."

Auto Parts Guy blinked at me.

"Can you ask my car why it hates me?"

"Sure, but I don't know if it will tell me," he smirked.

"Don't you have an attractive handheld computer you can hook up to my 2002 Dodge Neon that will let it tell you why it is blinking its engine light at me and beeping?"

"Oh," he said. "Yeah, I guess so."

We trudged out to the car.

The car was thrilled, and immediately announced it had an emissions system leak.

The gas cap had been loose when I stopped for gas, and apparently air had slithered into the tank.

No, we are not going to dwell on the fact that someone probably left the cap off when they attempted to siphon gas out of it and discovered it was sucking fumes. Yes, we are going to buy a locking cap, tomorrow.

"So how do we reset the computer so it will stop blinking at me? I don't speak car, and it's fairly annoying."

He jiggled the key a couple of times, and the light went away.

"Oh," I said. "So it just couldn't wait to tell someone, and now it is happy?"

Auto Parts Guy looked at me like I needed a gasket myself.

"I guess. This is the first time I ever had to be a @#&%ing psychologist for a car. Most cars just need diagnostics."

Mine obviously needs a blog . . .

0 comments: